If you are interested in employment with other departments within Alexander County, current position vacancy announcements can be found here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Alexander County Sheriff’s Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age or disability in employment or provisions of service.
Applicants for certain sworn positions must meet the following pre-employment criteria as set forth by the North Carolina Sheriff’s Training and Standards Commission and the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Submit to fingerprinting requirements
- Consent to a pre-employment physical exam by certified medical personnel licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Submit to pre-employment drug screening procedures
- Be of good moral character (discretion of current Sheriff)
- Possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Have not committed or been convicted of a crime or crimes as specified by 12 NCAC 10B.0204 & .0307 (Felonies and certain Misdemeanors)
Experience and a degree in the Criminal Justice or Human Services field is preferred. Applicants considered for employment must complete a Personal History Statement and disclose all requested information to the best of their ability. Applicants are subject to stringent criminal records checks, background investigations and may be referred for psychological evaluation. Pre-employment testing in truth verification (polygraph or voice stress analysis) may be required.